The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Live in Thanksgiving Daily

Lately I've had a hard time being thankful for all that I have right here and now. I've been focusing a lot on what I want and wish I had. Mostly focusing on Graham, and having him here. I read so many different blogs and see so many different people with special needs kids and it makes me really think I would rather have Graham here, with all his needs, then have him gone. I've had a lot of processing do to lately, but I came across this talk from Elder Wirthlin a couple of weeks ago that I used for my visiting teaching message, but really I think it was more for me. He talks about being thanful everyday for what you have now, not what you want or think you need in the past or in the future. Be thankful today. And I am very thankful, for my little family, for good friends and extended family, for the Gospel, and for a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, who know the plan much better than I and put things in place as they are needed. And give lots of comfort and encouragement when I feel like I need something different.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great time for me to get that talk too, Quinn! Good thing I have such a faithful visiting teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that talk, Quinn... It was just what I was needing today. :)

    ReplyDelete