The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Monday, June 4, 2012

2 Years


It's hard to believe that it's been two years since we had our baby Graham here with us.  I think this year was different for me because our lives have changed so much in the last couple of years, but I still miss him as much today as I did right after he passed away.  I was swamped with work that day, so I didn't have a lot of time to think, but when I did wind down for the day the one thing I came back to was gratitude.  I'm so grateful for Graham, so grateful we have him for the short time we did.  I'm so grateful for the things that I learned because of him. For making me a better person.  And I will be forever grateful to know that we can be together again someday.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful that you are documenting your journey for the rest of us to learn from. Keeping you all in my thoughts and heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from my niece's blog. She lost her little baby girl at age 5 months from a rare neurological condition. She does not have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in her life so it has been really hard for her. When I see your words of faith and gratitude, I am amazed how much knowing how the Plan of Salvation can help us. I lost my husband in August 2008, my dad in January 2009, my mother just 7 weeks later in March 2009, and this little great niece in December 2009. After all of that, there were times I felt I could not move forward (where should I go? Crazy? I thought about it) but then I realized how blessed and fortunate I was to have had such a wonderful husband and parents. Then my son got married and he and his wife had my little grandson in May 2010. I lost 3 but I gained 3 back!!! It has been such a joy to become a grandmother to my little Braxton. The Lord is good and He knows us each individually. He wants us to be happy and joyful. He does not take away our loved ones to hurt us but it is all part of a bigger plan. I think you know that already but if you are like me, I need to be reminded once in a while. Again, I think you are an example of someone who truly loves the Lord and knows it will all be ok some day. Your kids are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete