The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Counting Our Blessings

I'm surprised at how hard things have been since Claire was born. She has brought a lot of healing, but also a lot of repressed feelings from having Graham. I expected the delivery and hospital stay would be hard for me, but it wasn't. It's been the last few weeks sitting at home enjoying Claire. It's hard to not ask "why" or "what if he were here" and imagine how life would be. Some days it's still hard to see Heavenly Father's Plan and completely understand it. It's hard to see some of Claire's features that remind me of Graham and not be sad. Over the last couple of months I've been reminded frequently of Graham and the lives that he touched. Reminded of his sweet spirit and his mission here on Earth. It was short, but powerful. And I was reminded last night that I was chosen to help him complete his Earthly mission, that I needed to give him his body. Today was our first Sunday back at church, and I was glad to be back. I'm constantly reminded of all my blessings. That even losing Graham, we have had bountiful blessings, Claire being our newest.

No comments:

Post a Comment