The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's all in the plan

This week we had a special stake conference and Elder Richard G. Scott, from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles came. Along with him was Elder Hammond from the Area Seventies. It was a great meeting and I had looked forward to it for weeks. When President Jenks spoke to us he told us that if the church stayed the same size and and member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles was to visit each stake it would take 28 years before they would return to ours. CRAZY! So it was a really neat experience. Both Elder Hammond and Elder Scott gave wonderful talks. As I was listening it all applied to me but I was waiting to hear something that gave us some hope regarding the baby. Elder Scott recalled the death of their infant son and the loss that they felt. He talked about how at that time him and his wife knew that they had a son on the other side that was perfect and they had to live a life that they would be able to return to him. That thought has definitely crossed my mind and does make me to be better all the time.

Elder Scott also said "Sometimes our greatest difficulies in life teach us the greatest blessings." How true that is. We've learned so much just during this trial and I'm sure will continue to learn and enjoy many blessings to come. He also brought up something that I had never thought of. He talked of the concept of Justice, and how our Heavenly Father is a just God. He said that all the trials and hardships we endure faithfully we will be rewarded with many blessings not only here but in the Eternities. What a great promise. I must admit that the beauty of all this is that I know that Heavenly Father has promised Mike and I the opportunity to raise this baby in the Eternities. As long as we live the Gospel, we will be with our sweet baby once more. And that right there makes this all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. wow. Thank you so much for sharing this, and your testimony. I needed to read this today...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete