The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mitch's First Day of 2nd Grade

Mitch is in 2nd grade.
Where did the time go?
He's going to Riverside Elementary this year,
In Mrs. Stalder's class,
and he was pretty excited and pretty nervous this morning too!
He got up early,
picked out his clothes (none of his new school clothes)
And was ready to go.
And I missed him today.
And I felt a little anxious too, having him gone all day,
even longer days with their new schedule.
But I knew he was ok,
until I got a phone call from the school.
Mitch was told he was getting picked up from school,
I told him to ride the bus home.
So he sat for half an hour afterschool,
but we got him picked up,
and he fell asleep on the way home.
Today was a good first day of school.

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor thing! What a good boy:) I guess if you can send your kids to school then someday I can too. I am dreading it already:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Second Grade! Glad it was a good day- despite getting home:). You're a great mom.

    ReplyDelete