The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Remembering the Importance of Life

Today at church I heard just what I needed to hear and that's what I love about going to church. Today I was released from Young Women's and put in as a scout leader, so today was my last day with my Beehives. Our lesson today was on the importance of life. In this lesson we were reminded of the beautiful earth Heavenly Father created for us to live on. This magnificent earth that we were given dominion over and which would provide for our temporal needs. Then we were reminded that our divine role as women is to be mothers and to bear spirit children needing to come to earth for their mortal bodies. We were reminded about the consequences of abortion. And we were reminded about the uncertainties that come in life. The entire time I thought of Graham. I thought about that first perinatologist appointment where we had two options, abortion or letting nature run its course. And I remember being horrified at the thought of abortion, and it was never even an option. If we were going to lose the baby early on, nature would take care of it. And it was a scary road. A very uncertain road, one where even doctors didn't really know much. One where we had to trust the Heavenly Father would take care of us. And it was hard, it was frightening and heartbreaking, and yet if we had the choice to do it again, we'd do it in a heartbeat because the joy that came was so great. The life that was brought into the world, only for just a few short hours, was great, and had to come to our family so he complete his test on earth. Every life is important, no matter how long or short their time on earth, no matter if there is health or sickness, no matter what differences each person has. We were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth, and even though there are trials, it's still worth the hardships, it's worth it all to be the mother of some of these sweet spirits of our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Quinn! EVERY time your perspective helps me gain perspective in my own life.

    ReplyDelete