The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Monday, May 23, 2011

One Year

Today was one year, really hard to believe. But today we celebrated Graham and his short life on Earth. It was a day filled with lots of different emotions, but mostly gratitude, for Heavenly Father blessing our family with Graham. For the lessons he taught us and the strength he has given us. We miss him like crazy, but we're so glad to know we'll see him again someday.



Tonight we went to the cemetary and sent balloons to Heaven. The kids sang Happy Birthday, and we talked about how much we loved Graham. Mike told Mitch that the birthday parties in Heaven were probably pretty awesome, and I'm sure they are.



After the cemetary we came home and planted a tree for Graham and celebrated with some birthday cake.

I've thought lots over the last year about what this day would be like. It was a pretty normal day, life keeps moving on, things still have to be done, even on the days that we're sad. And my emotions have ranged from sadness and joy, to anger and confusion. But overall, it's been a happy day. A day where I remembered the little boy that made me brave. Who helped strengthen my testimony and brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior. The little boy that taught us not to take life for granted, to love more and have no regrets. And even in my darkest moments, there is still so much good and light in my life and I'm thankful, and I'll be reminded for many more years because of our sweet baby Graham.





2 comments:

  1. Quinn, almost every time I read your blog it makes me cry. I can't begin to imagine how it must feel, but your experience has also helped me have a stronger testimony. I try to be a better mom, and teach my little ones how much Heavenly Father loves them. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Quinn! I have been praying for you. We just went to Gabriel's grave this week, too. Always hard & always a blessing!

    ReplyDelete