The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Update

Today I went to the perinatoligist. I think I was in and out in record time which made my day!!! Everything is looking good with the baby. He is measuring normal size, considering they can't get a real accurate measurement because of his head. We went over all the organs and whatnot to make sure everything else was still fine. His encephalocil is looking about the same size, still unable to tell exactly how much brain tissue is out of the skull. I told them I'd pass on the amniocentisis they suggested because if there are more problems I'll deal with it when he's here. I'm not a fan of the numbers they gave me for complications and I told them it was because 1 in 10,000 babies have an encephalocil and we were lucky number 1 this time around, so a 1 in 300 chance of having complications because of an amniocentisis wasn't making me too excited. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but oh well. The perinatologists were a bit frustrated with the Neurosurgeon we saw at PCMC and the fact that he couldn't give us much help, but we are trying to finalize delivery plans at U of U and Dr. Belfort gave me the name of the OB that will deliver me. I'll just have to make a trip down to SLC closer the my due date to meet with him. So overall, a pretty good day.

P.S. The doctor and the U/S tech both asked me how my mental health status was and all I could do was laugh. I told them it's been better, that the anxiety is really starting to kick in, but that I'm fine. They both laughed with me, probably trying to make me feel better, at least that's what I'm going to think. :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, sounds like an ok visit. Nothing new but nothing answered either. I think you're doing a great job. I like the last part about the doctors asking on your mental status- what do they think!?! Funny. At leat you have a sense of humor! Hang in there you guys, you already have been so great for Graham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn,
    I just heard today about the complications with your pregnancy. I know there is nothing I can say that will help, but I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn, I hope everything is going great!! I love your blog.. Its a tear jerker, you are so optimistic and I want to be like you!! I'm so impressed with you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete