The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hope

This last week I've been bombarded, or so it seems with the message of hope. I've run across President Uchtdorf's talk "The Infinite Power of Hope" both in print form and on YouTube. I've read blog posts about hope during unexpected trials, I've been to church meetings and the hymns all have the message of hope in them and I can't seem to get hope off my mind. As a parent I think one of the greatest emotions you feel for your children is the hope you have for them and their future. I know my parents had great hopes for me when I was younger, and though things might not have gone as planned, I think they still love me and are happy for where I am. As I look at Mitch and Libby I have so many hopes for them. Hopes for the present and hopes for the future and I would give anything for them to reach those. As we face this trial with Graham my hope seems different for him. I hope the best for him, but I also put some of my selfish hopes in there, that the problems might not be as bad, or the Heavenly Father will grant us the healing miracle we've always hoped for. There are a few quotes I can't get out of my head from President Uchtdorf, He said "There may be times when we must make a courageous decision to hope, even when everything around us contradicts this hope." "Hope sustains us through despair. Hope teaches us that there is a reason to rejoice even when all seems dark around us." My hopes for Graham will always be there, some days I hope for just few hours with him, maybe a few days, or weeks, or maybe we might be lucky enough to have him longer. But I won't let go of hope, I won't let anyone tell me not to get my hopes up, because if I let go of that hope, I'm giving into despair, and that won't do. During this Easter season, my hope and faith are in Jesus Christ and his Atonement that makes everything okay no matter the outcome.

5 comments:

  1. You have so beautifully expressed many of the feelings I've had today. Thank you always for sharing your journey and reminding me to hold to hope.
    <3 and ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Hoping with you. It's about the only thing I can do for you at this time. You are in my prayers always, hoping....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said. Hope is magic. You've got it and it's a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog today and I want to tell you what an amazing woman I think you are. Hope for what we can not see is what makes the word hope such an important part of faith. You and Mike are true examples and wonderful parents and we think of your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written! We are hoping right along with you!

    ReplyDelete