The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Joining the Club



I've just joined a new club.
Initiation was hard,
So hard, and so painful.
Everyday I wish I hadn't joined,
That I would have had a choice in the matter.
But now I'm a member,
A mother who has lost her child,
Just one of the many mothers in this club.
But these mothers are so loving and kind.
They understand how you feel,
They've walked in your shoes.
Many are strangers,
But become your best friends.
All are just wanting to help,
Help with what they can,
Which sometimes isn't much,
But the small things mean the world to a new member of this club.
The small notes of encouragement,
The tender hugs,
The acts of service,
Most unseen by others.
All to help ease the pain of another.
They are selfless women,
Who only want to save others from joining this club,
And enduring this pain.
I'm thankful for these women in my life.
For the strength they've been to me.
For helping me find my way through this journey.
And even though most days I wish I weren't a member,
I've vowed myself to helping others,
In whatever way they need,
To help ease the pain,
Just a little.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be totally honest. It terrifies me to ever be a member of that club. I have seen it too often and have taken care of too many children that haven't made it. Keep your chin up, Quinn. You are awesome and people notice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quinn,

    This is Natalie Baldwin. I have felt like I should have contacted you sooner with my condolences, but I'm lame and I haven't. We also haven't been to church with Sally in a long time so I haven't been able to catch you there either. I actually found you on facebook and then saw the link to your blog...stalking on the internet is great huh? ;)
    I just wanted you to know that was thinking about you and your sweet baby Graham. I've read though some of your posts...though I actually had to quit because I was sobbing...reading your story brings back so many memories for me and I am so saddened when I hear about another mother that has "joined the club." Pretty sure I would have been just fine without a membership to that group. Though I do see now what a blessing it has been in my life, because it's changed me forever.
    I just wanted to let you know that I feel for you, and I also love the marker you picked for your sweet angel. Carlos and I put the same quote on the back of our baby Vandy's headstone and I love it. It's pretty plain and simple but so true. Too pure, too lovely to live on Earth.
    Love it, it's great.
    Hugs from Hooper UT

    ReplyDelete