The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Testimony

These last few weeks I've been amazed by my little kid's testimonies. How sweet and simple they are, yet they are rock solid, no questions, just pure faith. They talk openly about Graham, and how happy he probably is, and that someday they'll see him again. And I have to remind myself of those things. That Graham is happy, doing other things, but cheering us on in our earthly journey. And that we will see him again, someday, which seems like forever, but this life is only a small moment in eternity. A few years ago I was the primary pianist and we sang a sweet little song, that's stuck in my mind. Especially because my heart would melt when Mitch would sing it.

I know that Jesus lives, and that he loves me.
I know the Prophet leads our Church and guides me.
I know the Book of Mormon is a witness of Jesus Christ.
I know the Gospel is true.
The Gospel is true.

I've thought about my testimony and my faith especially the last week or so. How much my testimony has grown, and yet how feeble I feel sometimes. How keeping the faith is crucial in getting past our trials. How Satan knows that these are the times to work on us, when we're struggling the most. I keep being reminded of an Ensign article that talks about the early Church members and their spritual experiences in Kirtland, some even seeing Jesus Christ, and yet they turned away from the Church later on, letting their testimonies wean away to nothing. And I don't want to do that. I want to stay strong. I have a good reason to make it back to be with Graham. Boost your testimony in any ways possible, stay positive, read good material, and the best thing for me is to listen to hymns. Keep the faith, hold to the rod, and keep those child like attributes, like a simple, rock solid testimony.

One of my favorite Hymns right now, keeps me going during my darkest times.

Be Still, My Soul

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: They best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, they confidence, let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When dissappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment