The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Perspective

As we go through life lots of things change our perspective in life. Usually trials in our life change our perspective for the better. As we've gone through this trial with Graham, my perspective of life has changed in many ways. I definitely have more of an eternal perspective, one where I know that this life isn't the end and someday we'll be together again. I have a different perspective on raising Mitch and Libby. How it's not really important how good they look or if they do everything right, but more on having more patience, and trying to teach them what is really important in life. I have a different perspective on letting the small things slide by. That there are plenty of things that wait for you in life, and so it's not always important to do them right this second. But yet as my perspectives of life have changed so much sometimes I feel like I'm slipping right back into my old perspectives. Where I'm starting to worry more about the petty stuff, maybe that's just part of life, or maybe now it's my job to start working harder to not let that stuff bug me. Maybe life starts getting a little easier in a sense so we slip back and I'm feeling like it's not such a good thing. One thing's for sure, my perspective of love had grown immeasureably. I love my little family more now that I ever thought was possible. And that's one thing that's not going to go backwards.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Quinn! Every time I read your blog, I feel like holding kids a little tighter. I love your new music list too!

    ReplyDelete