The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Saturday, July 10, 2010

People and Promptings

This week I've talked to a lot of people about different experiences. I've heard lots of stories of people helping one another by simply listening to a prompting. A prompting that might seem simple, or strange, or not make a bit of sense, but yet these people chose to follow the promptings. And mighty miracles were brought to pass by people listening and acting on those promptings. I know that my testimony of people and promptings has been strengthened with our experience with Graham. How we would reap such great blessings from simple acts of kindness, or cards in the mail, or e-mails and phone calls, and I don't know if those people had a prompting or just did it on their own, but I know that there were days that I needed that so much. And then I think how many times do I ignore promptings? How many times to I tell myself that it would be stupid if I did that because maybe that person doesn't even know me, or the prompting really doesn't make any sense, but yet I know that I need to be better at following those promptings. Because sometimes there is only one chance for this little prompting to be fulfilled, and if you don't do it the opportunity is gone for good. So I'm going to try and follow those promptings a little better, remembering if the thought pops up to go and do something for someone else, it really should be done.

1 comment: