The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Monday, May 17, 2010

All I Can Give

This past week, I've been trying to get hospital bags ready, and I would wash one thing a day, I couldn't really seem to handle more than that. And then I would fold everything neatly and make a pile on my dresser. Well the pile is finished, and as I sit and look at it everyday I keep thinking, this is all I'm going to get to give Graham in this life. It's all material stuff, which really doesn't matter, but it's been on my mind lately.



Maybe I'm feeling this way because I'm feeling a little empty. It's a weird feeling getting ready to have a baby with no nursery, no carseat, no diapers, not even a binki. But what really matters is how much love we can give Graham, and that is infinite. We might not be able to give Graham much here on earth as parents, but we'll give him what we can. But Graham has given us so much more. He has given us more purpose in life, more reason to be better people, more love for our family, and a better understanding of our Heavenly Father's plan. So I can help bring Graham into this world for a short time, to receive a body and complete his earthly mission, and Graham will have my heart forever.

8 comments:

  1. You HAVE already given Graham so much! He knows you and loves you very much. You have sacrificed your "happy ending" to bring him into this world and help him complete the mission that he has been sent here for. He has already taught so many people so many things. I know that because of Graham I will never take my family or friends for granted again. And he has also strengthened your testimony which in turn has strengthened mine. You are a great example of faith and grace. I love you and your little family very much and we are here for you. We will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing the only thing we can for you this week, praying, praying, and then more praying. Hoping that you will find peace and comfort.... We Love you Lindsay's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you as well. Our tears fall along with yours. Please know of our love for you. May the Lord send special angels to surround you this weekend and in the days and weeks to follow. You are truly an inspiration to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Sigh} You AMAZE me! Good luck... we are praying for you. Graham couldn't have asked for a better mommy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinn, you are strong because of your faith in our Father and we've been privelaged to see a measure of that strength He has given your family. You have been blessed with an incredible baby and we will all be forever blessed because of Graham. We sure love you all. Hillary was right...Graham couldn't have asked for a better mommy and daddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graham has lots of hearts, along with yours. You've already given him what he couldn't have on his own- a mom, dad, brother, sister, and body to get here. WE love you and Graham. Thanks for your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinn, I read something interesting that made me think of you. It was written by my sister-in-law, whose 17 yr. old daughter was in a bad motorcycle wreck last week and lies at Primary Children's in a coma - she said the Lord bestows blessings upon us in various stages, and sometimes it's just in baby steps and not often easily recognized. This was her comments as she watches her little girl cough, or twitch; only little things but small steps towards what we hope will be recovery. Yours will seem to be small steps, too. There will be some tough moments for you, and there will be an abundance of love and blessings as you go through your journey. You have chosen to follow Heavenly Father's path and because of that, you will recognize more fully the sweetness of those baby steps. We love you and your family very much and we will continue to pray for you and for baby Graham.

    ReplyDelete