The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trials and our New Lives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDvxPjsm8E

I've been an avid reader of NieNie for the last year or so, she is amazing. She is a good example of dealing with trials. As I watched this video, my heart ached for her, and yet in ways I know that we have our own trials for a reason. Some trials are life-changing like Nie's, others aren't quite as significant. I know our trials are given to us, that we shouldn't want to trade others, because our trials are just for us. It's the refiners fire, and nothing is easy, but worth it in the end. After we go through the trial, maybe even during we are grateful, for some reason, for the trial. I am grateful for my trials, I wouldn't trade, I wouldn't change anything, I wouldn't go back to my old life, even as nice as it sounds, and might even feel some days. I am grateful for Graham, for his short time here with us, for the strength he has given me, for the things he has taught me, for bringing me closer to my Heavenly Father and strengthening my testimony. And as his grand arrival nears, we are so excited to see him, to hold him and to love him. He has changed our lives for the better and has been such a blessing already. And as I know this trial is far from over this scripture gives me comfort.

And whoso receiveth
you, there I will be also, for I will go before your
face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels
round about you, to bear you up.

D&C 84:88


2 comments:

  1. I'm also a NieNie fan, I like to read about people who grow and learn so much from their trials. You are one of them! You and Graham have taught me alot in a short time. The song "I will carry you" has brought many a tear to me eye (who and I kidding, sobs and many tears). You are a good, strong person, things will all work out, promises are sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having a little pity party today. I'd had a rough few weeks and then Haizer's birthday was this week and it left me feeling down. What am I complaining for??? I clicked on Nie's video and sat sobbing...again thinking I am ridiculous. Then I had the sudden need to find your blog. I'm rarely at this computer and hadn't been able to read in awhile. You are someone I admire. I want you to know that I think of you often and your faith is an inspiration. Love ya...after all we're kinda family;).

    ReplyDelete