The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Final Preparations

Today was a busy day. It started out with a trip to the doctor. Then some errands to a few stores buying the last few things for the hospital and getting the kids a hospital bag ready to keep them busy. And trying to find the last few things for Graham, like white preemie socks, which have been really hard to find around here. Making phone calls to photographers to be at the hospital, only to capture our hello and goodbye in such a short period of time. Then we went to the funeral home to set up arrangements for Graham and services that will follow. What a weird thing to do. It just seemed so wrong to be looking at programs and caskets and burial plots while my baby still kicks inside me through the entire meeting. So wrong to be planning to put him to rest before he's even made his entrance into the world. But it is what it is and this is what we can do for him. His burial outfit was already at the funeral home, it's so little and so precious. So many emotions and so little time left before Graham makes his grand arrival. And yet we're so excited to meet him, and I'm so glad to have way more things to do to get ready than I have time. It keeps me from overthinking everything.

10 comments:

  1. You are so strong! You amaze me, I admire you for your courage and selflessness. Tears are falling from my eyes reading this post, I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. I know that's why Heavenly Father chose you to be Grahams mother. You are in our thoughts and prayers. May you feel the Lords embrace on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have erased what I was going to type several times because words are so inadequate. I will be praying for peace for you and your family and I am here for you....even if you just want to cry and scream. I'm good at that :) We love you guys very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bittersweet time. So exciting to finally see and meet Graham,but too short of a time. You guys are awesome and have done great through all of this. You are a strength to many and I pray that angels will be strengthening all of you as you reach the time that Graham will finally make his appearance. I guess he's already left more imprints on more people than a regular baby situation- he's been busy doing his work already and you guys too. We're praying your time together will be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending our love and prayers...
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinn and Mike, stay strong and faithful. Heavenly Father will be in your presence throughout this process, and little Graham - he's the lucky one! He only has to leave His presence for a few moments and then will be once again in a beautiful place. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quinn, I found your blog from Allison's so I hope I'm not being too snoopy. I just wanted you to know that you are my hero--you have been for a long, long time. Probably since I met you. You are in my prayers and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your family. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quinn, I have followed your blog for a couple weeks and I have been amazed by your attitude and honestly with each post. I haven't left a comment until now because words just seemed inadequate, but as I read your last 2 posts today my heart was over filled for you and your family. I think it's apparent why you were picked to Grahm's mom! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quinn, the big day is here. I hope it is everything you had hoped for. Many prayers have come from our home for your family. I pray that you have some precious time with Graham. My heart is breaking for you at the thoughts of the courageous things you will do in the near future. Take care and let me know if you need anything:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quinn, I found your blog through Mandi's. Your strength inspires me. I know at times you must not feel so strong, but I think that is one of the most marvelous things -- that you continue. Continue to be a wife and a mother through your pain. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete