The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Miracle of Service

Service is an easy thing for me to do for someone else, I love helping other people, but why is it so hard to accept from someone else? Maybe it's because I'm too stubborn, I feel like I'm okay and can handle things on my own, maybe it's the realization that I can't do everything and that sometimes things aren't okay. I don't like this realization that things aren't okay and that right now, I just can't do everything by myself. So I'm thankful for the angels that have served us so far in our journey. For dinners and letters and phonecalls and gifts. They mean the world to us. They give me some strength to keep going, for a little longer, and they keep me from getting too frustrated along the way. This has been a hard week and boy, the service has come in, from people that are just moved by the Spirit to help, who don't know all the nitty gritty details, and I'm truly grateful, and I'm trying to learn another much needed lesson on how to accept service.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when my sister was having surgery, her Dr. (who was LDS) told her, "Let those Relief Society sisters who have offered service do it. Don't deny them the Blessings!" We don't always look at the situation backwards. Go ahead and let those around you recieve the Blessings giving you support and help in this time of your need. By the way, if there is ANYTHING I can do to lighten your load I'd Love to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete