The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Faith, Fear & Doubt

My faith has been strengthened ten-fold this last year. My testimony of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and thier plan for us is so much stronger. And I know that Heavenly Father controls all things, that He gets what He wants, and that He does things to help us and to bring us happiness. The issue now is that the Devil seems to be working ten-fold as well, putting lots of fear and doubt into my mind. He doesn't make me doubt God or His goodness or His plan, he makes me doubt myself. He makes me feel so unsure and scared of the future. The future for me and for my family. I find myself at times paralyzed by both the fear and doubt. I tell myself over and over that this is not good, that these feelings don't come from our Heavenly Father, but that they are put there to hold be back from progressing. This week I've come across many old quotes and many new about faith, and they help remind me that things aren't always easy, but that I need to have complete faith in my Heavenly Father that all these things are for my benefit.



"We cannot know what faith is if we have never had it, and we cannot obtain it as long as we deny it. Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other." -President Thomas S. Monson



"Faith isn't faith until it's all you're hanging on to." -Author Unknown

"On the road to Salvation let questions arise but never doubts. If something is wrong, God will give you clarity but never doubts." -Elder Bushe

1 comment:

  1. These quotes are perfection. I especially love the one by President Monson-- I may have to snag it and post, if you don't mind~

    ReplyDelete