The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hurried Child is a Stressed Child

I was reading through this blog today. It's a well known blog around here. The Sullengers lost their little girl in an accident this summer. As I was reading through her blog today I came across this video she made about the book "The Hurried Child" As I was reading her blog I was reminded again to take time to enjoy life because you never know when someone you love will be gone. Take time to play with your kids. Let them know you really love them, even though all the other work you are doing is to give them a good life, the work waits. Take time to play. Let your kids do something other than what's in their daily schedule. Let them stay up past bed time once in a while. Take more pictures and just enjoy life more fully. You never know when someone's life work is finished and it's time for them to move on.

1 comment:

  1. I watched this video on her blog a while ago and it is so true. I bawled like a baby watching it....it just makes you think what you would've done differently if you would've only known how much time you had left. But we are not perfect and there are things that happen in our day that make us short with our children and rushing them to get ready and get in the car.

    ReplyDelete