The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Purpose of a Journal

I have to admit that I'm terrible at writing in a journal. Always have good intentions, but never quite make it there. As I started this blog I knew it was important for me to record our family's journey through mortality. I especially knew it was crucial for me to record our journey with Graham, for our future reference as well as the future reference of our children and posterity. I started with this blog as well hoping that maybe it might help a mother in the future that faces a similar trial with losing a baby. That this record might give her a little hope, to show her and others how good God is and that he leads us by the hand to overcome our trials. Today I was reminded again of how important it is to write in a journal. To record our lives for our posterity to read someday. Maybe to learn from some of our experiences. I read this blog today and she relates to losing a child. A few of her grandparents had lost babies as well, but had passed on and she wished she could have turned to them for advice to overcoming her loss. She wished that they would have written in a journal for her to go back and read. To see that God led them just as he does us today. So on days when I feel like my blog is too much, that it's too honest and too personal and that I don't want to share all of that with the world, I remind myself that I promised my Heavenly Father I would show the world His importance and the importance of His Son, Jesus Christ. How important They are in my life, how They carry me when I feel like I can't keep going. And They will carry us all in our times of need

1 comment: