The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Come What May and Love It

Today I had some pretty deep conversations with two good friends. Today was a day that I needed to talk. To talk about how I feel, the insecurities, and craziness, and sadness, and fear that lingers with me constantly. The emotions of grief that you have to go through because there's no way around them. And as we talked about Graham and how he's affected us, we tried to understand Heavenly Father's plan a little better. From the Creation to our individual lives. And as we listened to each other's ideas I thought about how little we really know. How we as humans expect to know everything, but we don't know much at all. We rely so much on faith. Faith that all things happen for a reason. That there is a time for every season. And I kept reflecting back to Elder Wirthlin's talk "Come What May and Love It". How I've tried to make this my new life motto. And how important it is to stay positive and not give into Satan's negative and destructive thoughts. So this YouTube video has sustained me many times during the last few months and will continue to buoy me up through my life. So though I don't understand much, this much I know. God gives us so many bounteous blessings, and He has told us "Where much is given, much is required". So I'll take what comes my way and love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment