The Lindsay Chronicles

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B. Worthlin

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Real Life

These last few days I feel like I'm in a fog, the dense fog that's really hard to see through. Emotions are really indescribable and I'm trudging on through life right now, trying to find some semblence of that life we had before Graham. Mike went back to work, and that was good to make me find my way back into life, but I still have this blood clot, so I really can't do much yet. My kids have been spoiled like crazy and have played with various friends non-stop, and they don't understand why we need to try and get back to real life. I think they are starting to like this new life, probably because they understand it all much better than me.
It seems odd to me right now, how the last few weeks are so vivid, but yet a blur. How someone can come into your life and exit so quickly. That coming and going part of it is the blur, but the love part of it is vivid. The love part of it makes this hurt so badly. I keep telling myself, it will get better give it some time, but the time drags on when you sit all day, when it rains everyday. I tell myself to keep breathing, to turn to Heavenly Father, He will help you. He does help, He understands, He comforts and He is helping me work this all out in my head. But with returning to real life comes dealing with people. Many are kind and give comforting words and advice. Other are completely unaware of the situation, although I wish they were, so they wouldn't say things that upset me. Most of these people have been from the doctors office and I think really, when someone loses a child, put a big red X on their chart so everyone knows. When I went to the doctor for my blood clot the receptionist asked about my baby. I tried to blow it off, but the wound is still too fresh. Today I got a call from University of Utah. I answered, hoping I might find Dr. Draper on the other line, but it wasn't. It was a postpardum check up. She asked how I was feeling, then if I was nursing and if the baby had been in for a checkup. I was so taken off guard that I just answered yes. I was holding back tears and all I wanted to scream was that there's no baby, he's not here, isn't that on your chart!!!!
So today, I've decided that real life isn't good right now, I'm going to hide from it for another day. I know that we have to deal with all this at some point and time, but today wasn't the day.

4 comments:

  1. Quinn, hi, (this is Stef "Ball" Collins now) I found your blog through Brianna's. Im so greatful I clicked on your link- I didn't know it was yours. I read your entire story today. Went through at least a box of kleenexs... and still counting now as Im leaving you this comment. You have turned into the most amazing women. Your story is beyond touching, and inspirational. My heart is overflowing with love and empathy for you and your family. With every entry you wrote, I was overwhelmed with your strength and courage. You truely are a mother I aspire to be like. Your family is beautiful, I wish there were words to describe my sorrow for you loss. My heart and prayers are for you and your little family in this difficult time. I wish you the very best. I'm also looking forward to keeping in touch with you now through the blogging world. I've always thought so highly of you. Heck, I think you were one of the first people to 'befriend' me when I first moved to Blackfoot. You an ol'Mckayla! Jazz basketball honey! wow, that seems like an impossibly long time ago right? I have some really great childhood memories with you. Thank you for always being such a sweet friend to me. I can't tell you how much your story has touched me- again, your in my thoughts- I know you'll see your sweet little Graham again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. my blog is set on a 'private setting' but I'd love to e-mail you an invite, so you can view it, and we can keep in touch. My e-mail is stefanie_b21@hotmail.com just send me an e-mail so I can e-mail you back and invite!

    xoxo
    lots of love
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Quinn...My heart just hurts for you! I am sure we would all agree we would take this pain from you if we could. Sometimes I just wonder why we must go through things like this. But then I remember that Heavenly Father sees the big picture and if I just trust him it seems to work out. I just want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!
    Big Hugs!!!
    Jolie (Taylor) West

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish no one had to go through what you guys are going through, but I also know that I've never seen such strength in you and such growth. It's a good thing chocolate and punching bags were invented because sometimes you just have to let that hurt out so the wound can heal. Blast that blood clot! Maybe thumb war with Mike or something physical like that. We Love you guys and you're always in our prayers. Keep up the good fight

    ReplyDelete